Product: Sodium Tripolyphosphate
Chemical Formula: Na5P3O10
Information about the product:
Sodium Tripolyphosphate (STPP) is an inorganic compound composed of sodium cations (Na+) and the tripolyphosphate anion (P3O10^5-). Here are some important points about STPP:
1. Chemical Composition: The chemical formula of Sodium Tripolyphosphate is Na5P3O10. It consists of five sodium ions (Na+) and one tripolyphosphate anion (P3O10^5-).
2. Physical Properties: STPP is a white, crystalline powder that is highly soluble in water. It has a molecular weight of 367.86 g/mol and a density of approximately 2.52 g/cm³. It is stable under normal conditions.
3. Function: STPP is primarily used as a sequestrant, detergent builder, and water softener in various industries. It has excellent chelating properties, allowing it to bind to metal ions and prevent their interference with cleaning processes.
4. Detergent Industry: STPP is extensively used in the production of detergents, including laundry detergents, dishwashing detergents, and industrial cleaners. It helps to improve the cleaning efficiency by preventing the redeposition of dirt and removing hard water minerals.
5. Water Treatment: STPP is employed in water treatment processes to prevent the formation of scale and reduce water hardness. It helps to inhibit the precipitation of calcium and magnesium ions, which can cause scaling in pipes and equipment.
6. Food Industry: In the food industry, STPP is used as a food additive and preservative. It is commonly found in processed meats, seafood, canned fruits, and vegetables. It helps to retain moisture, improve texture, and enhance the shelf life of food products.
7. Ceramic Industry: STPP finds application in the ceramic industry as a deflocculant and dispersant. It helps to improve the workability of clay, reduce viscosity, and enhance the suspension of particles during ceramic manufacturing processes.
8. Oil Drilling: STPP is utilized in oil drilling fluids as a shale stabilizer and viscosity modifier. It helps to prevent clay swelling, control fluid viscosity, and improve the performance of drilling operations.
9. Textile Industry: STPP is used in the textile industry as a levelling agent and dispersant. It helps to improve dye penetration, prevent uneven dyeing, and enhance the color fastness of textiles.
10. Metal Treatment: STPP is sometimes employed in metal treatment processes, such as metal cleaning and electroplating. It helps to remove rust, scale, and contaminants from metal surfaces, facilitating the adhesion of coatings and improving the overall finish.
These applications demonstrate the diverse uses of Sodium Tripolyphosphate in various industries, where it acts as a sequestrant, detergent builder, water softener, and dispersant. Its chelating properties and ability to bind metal ions make it a valuable ingredient in detergents, water treatment, food preservation, and other industrial processes.
“Streamline Your Ordering Process: Experience Convenient Product Ordering via WhatsApp!”