Product: Citric Acid
Chemical Formula: C6H8O7
Information about the product:
- Naturally Occurring: Citric acid is a natural acid found in various citrus fruits, such as lemons, limes, and oranges.
- Flavor Enhancer: It is widely used as a food additive due to its sour taste, which enhances the flavor of many food and beverage products.
- pH Adjuster: Citric acid is an effective pH regulator and can be used to adjust the acidity of food and cosmetic formulations.
- Chelating Agent: It has chelating properties, meaning it can bind to metal ions, which helps prevent oxidation and maintain the stability of products.
- Preservative: Citric acid acts as a natural preservative, inhibiting the growth of bacteria and fungi in food and cosmetic products.
Information for the sector of utilization of the product:
- Food and Beverage Industry:
- Acidulant: Citric acid is widely used as an acidulant in food and beverages to provide a tart flavor. It is commonly found in soft drinks, candies, jams, and sauces.
- Flavoring Agent: It enhances the taste and aroma of various food products, including gelatin desserts, fruit juices, and carbonated beverages.
- Canning and Preservation: Citric acid is used in canning fruits and vegetables to preserve their color, texture, and nutritional content.
- Pharmaceutical Industry:
- Excipient: Citric acid is used as an excipient in pharmaceutical formulations, acting as a stabilizer, pH adjuster, or flavoring agent in certain medications and syrups.
- Cosmetics and Personal Care Products:
- Skin Care: Citric acid is incorporated into skincare products like cleansers, toners, and exfoliants for its exfoliating and brightening properties.
- Hair Care: It is used in shampoos and conditioners to adjust pH, improve hair manageability, and remove mineral deposits.
- Bath and Body Products: Citric acid is utilized in bath bombs, bath salts, and shower gels for its effervescent and pH-balancing effects.
- Cleaning and Household Products:
- Cleaning Agent: Citric acid is an effective natural cleaning agent that can remove hard water stains, mineral deposits, and soap scum from surfaces.
- Descaling Agent: It is used in descaling products for coffee machines, kettles, and other appliances to remove mineral buildup.
- Industrial Applications:
- Metal Cleaning and Passivation: Citric acid is employed in industrial processes for metal cleaning, passivation, and removal of rust or scale from metal surfaces.
- Water Treatment: It is used in water treatment systems to control pH levels, prevent scale formation, and remove metal ions.
- Agriculture and Horticulture:
- Soil Acidification: Citric acid can be used to adjust the pH of soil in agricultural and horticultural practices, particularly for acid-loving plants.
- Laboratory and Research:
- Analytical Chemistry: Citric acid is utilized as a reagent in various laboratory analyses, including complexometric titrations and determination of metal ions.
- Textile Industry:
- Dyeing and Printing: Citric acid is used in textile dyeing and printing processes as a pH regulator and fixing agent for certain dyes.
- Animal Feed:
- Acidifier: Citric acid is added to animal feed to improve digestibility, enhance nutrient absorption, and promote animal growth.
- Flavor and Fragrance Industry:
- Flavor Enhancer: Citric acid is employed in the production of artificial flavors and fragrances, enhancing their taste and aroma.
It is important to follow industry-specific regulations, guidelines, and safety precautions when utilizing citric acid in various sectors to ensure its proper and safe use.
“Streamline Your Ordering Process: Experience Convenient Product Ordering via WhatsApp!”