Product: Aluminum Hydroxide
Chemical Formula: Al(OH)3
Information about the product:
– Chemical Compound: Aluminum hydroxide is an inorganic compound composed of aluminum (Al) and hydroxide (OH) ions.
– Appearance: It is commonly found as a white, odorless powder or granules.
– Insoluble in Water: Aluminum hydroxide is insoluble in water, meaning it does not readily dissolve in water.
– Amphoteric Properties: It exhibits amphoteric properties, acting as both a base and an acid depending on the reaction conditions.
– Flame Retardant: Aluminum hydroxide is known for its flame-retardant properties and is used in various applications requiring fire resistance.
Information for the sector of utilization of the product:
1. Pharmaceutical Industry:
– Antacid: Aluminum hydroxide is used as an antacid to neutralize excess stomach acid and alleviate symptoms of heartburn, indigestion, and gastric ulcers.
– Phosphate Binder: It can be prescribed as a phosphate binder in patients with kidney disease to reduce phosphate levels in the blood.
– Adjuvant in Vaccines: Aluminum hydroxide is used as an adjuvant in certain vaccines to enhance the immune response and improve vaccine effectiveness.
2. Industrial Applications:
– Flame Retardant: Due to its fire-retardant properties, aluminum hydroxide is used in the manufacturing of plastics, rubber, textiles, and coatings to reduce the flammability of these materials.
– Water Treatment: It can be employed in water treatment processes to remove impurities and as a flocculating agent to aid in the settling of suspended particles.
– Paper Manufacturing: Aluminum hydroxide can be added to paper pulp to enhance opacity, brightness, and smoothness.
3. Cosmetics and Personal Care Products:
– Skincare: It is used in certain skincare products, such as lotions and creams, for its soothing and calming properties on the skin.
– Antiperspirants: Aluminum hydroxide compounds are utilized in antiperspirants to reduce perspiration and control body odor.
4. Polymer Industry:
– Filler in Plastics: Aluminum hydroxide is added to plastics as a filler or reinforcement agent to improve strength, stiffness, and flame resistance.
– Rubber Manufacturing: It can be incorporated into rubber compounds to enhance fire resistance and mechanical properties.
5. Environmental Remediation:
– Phosphorus Removal: Aluminum hydroxide is used in wastewater treatment plants to remove phosphorus from industrial and municipal wastewater, preventing eutrophication in water bodies.
6. Construction Industry:
– Building Materials: Aluminum hydroxide can be used in the production of various construction materials, such as fire-resistant coatings, sealants, and adhesives.
7. Petrochemical Industry:
– Catalysis: Aluminum hydroxide can serve as a catalyst or catalyst support in certain petrochemical processes, such as cracking and hydrogenation reactions.
8. Agriculture and Horticulture:
– Soil Amendment: Aluminum hydroxide can be applied to acidic soils to raise the pH and reduce soil acidity, making it more suitable for certain crops.
9. Animal Health:
– Veterinary Medicine: Aluminum hydroxide is used in some veterinary vaccines as an adjuvant to enhance the immune response in animals.
10. Art and Conservation:
– Art Restoration: Aluminum hydroxide can be used in the restoration and conservation of artwork and cultural artifacts to neutralize acids and stabilize materials.
When utilizing aluminum hydroxide, it is important to follow recommended guidelines, dosage, and safety precautions to ensure its proper use and minimize any potential risks.
“Streamline Your Ordering Process: Experience Convenient Product Ordering via WhatsApp!”